National Mentoring Program 2024
Becoming a mentor
Australia’s leading property mentoring program
Mentors encourage the professional and personal development of a mentee through knowledge-sharing, industry expertise and experience while simultaneously enhancing their leadership skills.
Mentors must have a minimum of 10 years’ industry experience, have leadership and management experience, possess excellent communication skills, and have a desire to contribute to the future of the property industry and its members. You must also be representative of and interested in demonstrating the ‘values’ of the Mentoring Program. Mentors must also agree to commit to at least a one-hour meeting per month for the duration of the 10-month program.
Here are some of the primary benefits of participation in the Property Council’s Mentoring Program as a mentor:
Contribute to the industry as a leader, building our future leaders.
Benefit from the reciprocity in mentoring.
Connect with a cohort of mentors across the country.
Application for the 2024 program is now open
“”I have been involved in the Property Council Mentoring Program in Victoria for many years as a mentor and advisory board member and I highly recommend it. I have delighted in observing or participating in countless successful mentor/mentee relationships, sometimes developing into lifelong friendships. Being a mentor to our up and coming stars is hugely satisfying and is a wonderful opportunity to give something back to this amazing industry.”
Partner, Thomson Geer Lawyers | Mentoring Program Ambassador
From the beginning, we set out to deliver a program that wasn’t simply another industry mentoring program. The success of all participants, and in turn our industry, is our goal and the primary differences that ensure we are successful are:
- the Mentoring Program is open to all genders and career stages, and from the full breadth from our membership across Australia;
- the matching of mentees and mentors is achieved by using purpose built mentoring software and is based on application details
- we strive for a high calibre of mentors at senior management and executive level;
- one-on-one mentoring sessions are supported by a structured calendar of other networking and development opportunities
For your employer
As an industry mentoring program, we believe there are significant advantages over and above those of a workplace program, including:
- greater industry awareness and knowledge amongst participants
- exposure to a range of specific industry career pathways
- access to unique industry data and trends
- development of capacity within the property industry.
Start your mentee/mentoring applications today
Applications are open until Friday 15 December 2023.
- Mentee – Yes, the fee is $1,500+GST
- Mentor – No, there is no fee.
The program is only available to Property Council of Australia members. Please contact us today to learn more.
Applications open Monday 20 November and will close on Friday 15 December.
You cannot apply for future Mentoring Programs, but you can express your interest in receiving information about the next Mentoring Program by contacting us here.
If you’re not sure if you are a member, contact our team today.
No, the Mentoring Program is offered to Property Council of Australia members only. Prospective participants must be employed by an organisation that is a member of the Property Council of Australia at the time of applying. Find out more about becoming a member today
We ask all Mentoring Program participants to keep us updated with changes to employer and other contact details.