COVID Business Support Available
The Queensland Government has released a range of resources and an online training course for business, providing support as vaccine requirements come into effect on 17 December 2021.
From 17 December 2021, restrictions will be eased for the following venues that have fully vaccinated staff and customers:
- hospitality venues such as hotels, pubs, clubs, taverns, bars, restaurants, or cafes
- indoor entertainment venues such as nightclubs, live music venues, karaoke bars, concerts, theatres, or cinemas
- outdoor entertainment activities such as sporting stadiums or theme parks
- festivals – either indoor or outdoor – such as musical festivals, folk festivals, or arts festivals
- Queensland Government-owned galleries, museums or libraries
- weddings (only if all attendees are fully vaccinated)
Businesses will be required to take the following steps from 17 December:
- display the vaccination rules in a prominent location at the entry of your business premises
- ask customers for proof of vaccination at the time of check-in (this is a legal requirement) through:
- the Check In Qld app
- an immunisation history statement
- a COVID-19 vaccination digital certificate
- businesses will be required to ask customers who do not provide proof to leave the premises and notify police, if they refuse to do so
Signage is now available ahead of 17 December to assist informing customers of the impending requirements.
Further support for businesses is available on the Business Queensland website.
Queensland Health have also published a range of FAQs to assist businesses, who require any further clarification.
To find out more about mandating the vaccine in the workplace, please visit the Fair Work website.
You can also view the Public Health and Social Measures linked to vaccine status here.