Awards recognise urban design excellence
Our members are always at the forefront of providing exciting places and fantastic built-form-outcomes.
The QUT Campus to Country strategy, that is being pulled off by the team at BVN, has taken home the Queensland Government’s 2022 Minister’s Award for Urban Design.
The Minister’s Award is an initiative of the Queensland Department of Energy and Public Works which recognises contemporary Queensland urban design projects of the highest quality.
The Property Council would like to take this opportunity to recognise this accolade achieved by BVN with the judging panel considering this project as an important benchmark in quality, vision and clarity.
Other accolades there were given to:
- Surgical Treatment and Rehabilitation Services (STARS) and Public Realm in Herston, Brisbane. This was delivered by the team at Hassell, BESIX Watpac with Australian Unity, and Metro North Health, receiving a commendation in the Urban Design category.
- Fish Lane Town Square in South Brisbane. This was delivered by the tea at RPS with Richards & Spence, Bland 2 Brilliant, Greenstock, Michael Bale & Associates, Shape Australia & FPOV with Aria Property Group. This project also took out the Movement and Place Award and received a commendation in the Urban Design category.
- Loganlea Healthy Street on Loganlea Road, Meadowbank received a commendation in the Movement and Place category. This project was delivered by the Logan City Council with PMP Urbanists.
- Alondra Residences by BVN on Union Street in Nundah, which was delivered by BVN with Lutheran Services, received the Malcom Middleton Award for Outstanding Liveable Design.
- The Anne Street Garden Village by Anna O’Gorman Architect received a commendation in the Outstanding Liveable Design category. The team behind this project was Anna O’Gorman Architects and Lat27 with the Department of Communities, Housing and Digital Economy.
- Bokarina Terrace by Hollindale Mainwaring Architecture located at Bokarina Beach also received a commendation in the Outstanding Liveable Design category. This project was delivered by Hollindale Mainwaring Architecture with Stockland.
Queensland is a state that is home to world class architecture and design with our members leading the charge. The Property Council would again like to congratulate all of the winners and entrants that received commendations.