Message from the President
Membership of the Capital Markets division can help unlock the potential of your business. We look forward to working with you to build a strong and sustainable industry.
Deborah Coakley – Capital Markets President
Our $670 billion industry employs 1.4 million people, contributes 13% of Australia’s GDP and secures the future of 14.8 million Australians who have a stake in property through their superfund.
The Capital Markets division is a dedicated national and international division of the Property Council of Australia focused on all aspects of property as an investment class. It represents members across the four quadrants of property investment, debt, equity, public and private.
The Capital Markets division champions strong and transparent real estate capital market flows through our advocacy, thought leadership and networking opportunities. We are committed to supporting our members and keeping the industry thriving by fulfilling our mandate to:
- Advocate for open capital flows and a globally competitive framework for collective investment in property
- Influence Governments in Australia and overseas to remove unnecessary barriers to investment
- Connect members to investment decision makers through dedicated global networks
- Provide market intelligence on issues impacting your business
Our agenda is driven by the passion, expertise and commitment of our members. Our goal is to deliver concrete tangible wins for industry that improve the returns of our members. We cover the full spectrum of investment issues including tax, financial reporting, market regulation, debt and capital markets and, inbound and outbound investment initiatives.
The Capital Markets division delivers on this promise to members through:
- Direct access to advocacy initiatives affecting capital markets and property investment
- Opportunity to connect with investors and property leaders through our highly regarded networking events, including the prestigious invitation-only Property Leaders’ Summit
- Access to our leadership roundtables and committees
- Advanced warning on “game changing” issues that impact or help your business
- A global alliance of partners in Asia, Canada, Europe, UK and USA that influences governments
The Capital Markets division delivers members concrete outcomes that enhance your business and will give you an edge in the market.
I encourage you to be part of the conversation.