The Leading Forward Program
Facilitated by Lisa Baumwol, Business Communication Consultant & Facilitator
Day 1: Wednesday 15th September 2021, 8:30am - 5:30pm
Day 2: Wednesday 22nd September 2021, 8:30am - 4:30pm
This program is for anyone aspiring to develop their potential as a leadership in roles such as Senior Executives, Team Leaders and People Managers. This program is available to all members of the Property Council.
Leadership training has traditionally focused on providing managers with the ability to communicate persuasively and inspirationally to facilitate the achievement of business outcomes. Managers do learn by experience but sometimes the experience comes too late. The Leading Forward Program aims to bridge the gap between expectation and practice.
With the COVID crisis presenting extraordinary challenges at a speed and with a scope the world has not seen for some time, the contemporary leader has their work cut out for them.
On the wall in a Harvard School of Business lies the motto, “Nobody else knows either.” In these times, the urge to command and control is no longer applicable or effective. Today and tomorrow’s leaders need to master new skills in a world of unprecedented uncertainty. Self-awareness creativity and collaboration are the starting point for leading forward in the new normal.
Today’s leader needs ways to help people access their initiative. Today’s leader needs to make people feel empowered, resourceful and motivated to achieve – often at a physical distance.
The Leading Forward Program aims to explore the development of new and flexible skills that instill trust and drive success whilst supporting those around you in difficult times.
Day 1: The Leader as Influencer & Negotiator
- The leader vs manager: what makes an effective leader?
- Negotiation skills for today’s leader
- Competitive & cooperative tactics
- Advanced questioning and listening skills
- Emotional intelligence – the leader’s essential skill
- Flexing your style for more strategic influencing
- Leadership communication – preparing to deliver a quality message
Day 2: The Leader as Coach & Motivator
- Mindset techniques for the modern leader
- The Empowerment Model
- Giving feedback & coaching others
- Managing difficult people & conflict dilemmas
- Best practice delivery skills for presenting to groups
- Delivering quality leadership communication – presentation practice, critique and individual coaching