4x 1/2 DAYS - 28 SEPT, 29 SEPT, 5 OCT & 6 OCT 2022
This two-day course is essential for anyone working, or aspiring to be, in retirement village management and has been developed in partnership with industry professionals.
WHAT WILL I LEARN?
More than ever, Village Managers are required to possess a diverse and unique range of skills including, but not limited to; financial planning, mediation, customer service, conflict and dispute resolution, supporting residents with mental health, dementia and eliminating elder abuse, linking to community support services and the list goes on.
• First class customer service – create memorable and seamless experiences from pre-entry to exit.
• Resident committee meetings – achieve the best results for everyone.
• Integrated care model and ageing well in Australia – overview of ‘My Aged Care’ portal. Wellness approaches to care with a person-centred focus.
• Dementia, mental health and elder abuse in retirement villages – how to effectively engage with other services to support residents with escalating needs.
• Effective management of village finances – budgets preparation, operating income and expenses, capital works/long term maintenance/ reserve funds.
• Effective dispute resolution – minimise escalation of issues. Effective use of the 8 step escalation model.
*Where applicable, state specific information will be covered
THE COURSE IS IDEAL FOR:
Anyone working, or aspiring to be, in retirement village management.