We need to transition away from our reliance on Gas. But with a large number of ACT homes, buildings and businesses currently utilising gas, it is a significant task to transition them to gas-free alternatives. Who pays for it and how do we ensure no one gets left behind?
Join us at this forum to:
• Hear from Minister Shane Rattenbury about the ACT government’s plan and work to date to transition away from gas.
• Hear from industry practitioners about the trajectory of building standards and existing/on-going work to produce guidance documents.
• Hear about the benefits and practical challenges of decarbonising our existing and new buildings and homes and how we can achieve this ensuring no one is left behind.
• Bring your questions, expertise and experience to this important and timely discussion.
- Minister Shane Rattenbury, ACT Greens Member for Kurrajong,
Attorney-General, Minister for Consumer Affairs, Minister for Gaming,
Minister for Water, Energy and Emissions Reduction, ACT Government
Foo, Principal Consultant, DeltaQ
Nicolas, Senior Sustainability Consultant, WSP
MacCallum, Director, AMC Architecture
Poulter, Deputy Chief Executive Officer, ACTCOSS
Donnelly, Practice Director - Building Services, Buildings + Places,
Australia and New Zealand, AECOM
Stewart, Sustainability Manager, Ginninderry
- Jorge Chapa, Head of Market Transformation, Green Building Council
of Australia (GBCA)
Your safety is our priority
The Property Council of Australia is a COVID safe organisation. The safety of our guests, speakers and staff is our top priority
These events will be run in compliance with the ACT Government health orders. These may include density limits, require the wearing of masks other than when eating and drinking and will mean only fully vaccinated guests can attend.
If the government requirements change in advance of the event, we will contact you and update you about your attendance. If you are no longer able to attend because of vaccination or other requirements, please contact us in the lead up to the event to discuss options.
If the event is cancelled due to COVID-19 restrictions, you are entitled to a full refund of your ticket price as per the cancellation policy.
Download the COVIDSafe app here