The Property Council of Australia has today launched its 2023 State Election Platform, with a renewed focus on building homes, creating jobs and ensuring our state has a secure future.
Property Council’s Illawarra Regional Director Michelle Guido said the launch of Property Council of Australia’s plan for the future of NSW delivers key recommendations for the incoming government to lead our great state and make NSW the place of choice.
“The Illawarra Shoalhaven is the third largest regional economy in New South Wales, it is the second major trade gateway for Greater Sydney and key to the future growth of the Six City Mega Region,” Ms Guido said.
“It is close to both Eastern Sydney as well as the Aerotropolis being established around the Western Sydney Airport that will form strong links with the Port at Port Kembla.
“In order to keep our region booming, we have five key election priorities that the incoming NSW Government should deliver on to ensure future growth and prosperity.
“The challenge is to take advantage of these economic drivers while still retaining the Illawarra Shoalhaven’s distinctive character and creating greater local communities.”
Five key state election recommendations for Illawarra Shoalhaven:
- Delivery of a transformative inter-regional City Partnership which enables growth for the Illawarra Shoalhaven economy and Greater Sydney as part of the six-city mega region.
- Funding for a Business Case and Master Plan for the Illawarra Sports and Entertainment Precinct.
- Delivery of long-term improvements and upgrades to Mount Ousley Interchange and Picton Road which provides a key freight and commuter link between the Port and Greater Sydney.
- Delivery of a detailed network plan and business case for the Southwest Rail Link and a Fast Rail Strategy across the Greater Six Cities Region.
- Targeted delivery of affordable and diverse housing close to economic centres, retail centres and transport nodes with a focus on key workers.
“What the Property Council has put on the table today is not just an aspirational plan for the future our region – but a plan to deliver it,” Ms Guido concluded.
The Property Council’s 2023 Election Platform and full list of detailed recommendations is available here .