Property Male Champions of Change
The Property Council established the Property Male Champions of Change in 2015 to drive greater gender equality in the property industry and increase the number of women in leadership roles.
The Property Male Champions of Change is convened by Carol Schwartz AM, former Property Council President, and brings together senior leaders across the industry’s development and construction, investment, funds management and agency sectors to take action to improve gender equality in the industry.
The formation of the Property Male Champions of Change builds on the Property Council's diversity program and is a public commitment by the Champions to use their individual and collective leadership to increase gender equality with a focus on leadership, talent development, public advocacy and accountability.
The group’s foundation actions include leading on gender reporting in the property sector, asking for 50/50 representation by women and question where this is not achieved better understand and remove roadblocks, and spreading their message of gender equality to their suppliers.
Property Male Champions of Change Members
Convened by Carol Schwartz AO, the members of the Property Male Champions of Change are:
- Phil Rowland, CBRE
- Carmel Hourigan, Charter Hall (Special Adviser)
- David Harrison, Charter Hall Limited
- John Kenny, Colliers
- James Patterson, Cushman & Wakefield
- Darren Steinberg, Dexus
- Selina Short, EY (Special Adviser)
- Anthony Boyd, Frasers Property Australia
- Bob Johnston, The GPT Group
- Jonathan Callaghan, Investa Property Group
- Daryl Browning, ISPT
- Stephen Conry AM, JLL
- Rod Leaver, Knight Frank
- Steve McCann, Lendlease
- John Mulcahy, Mirvac
- Ken Morrison, Property Council of Australia
- Michael O'Brien, QIC
- Paul Craig, Savills
- Peter Allen, Scentre Group
- Mark Steinert, Stockland
- Grant Kelley, Vicinity Centres