THE SUCCESS OF THIS PROGRAM WILL RELY ON THE PERSONAL COMMITMENT OF SPONSORS TO BUILD DIVERSITY AND GENDER EQUITY IN OUR INDUSTRY
To become involved in the program as a sponsor, you first need to identify and contact a participant you wish to sponsor.
As a sponsor you will be required to:
- Assist your participant to draft a brief 150 word biography for inclusion in their nomination
- Ensure your participant completes the 500 Women in Property online form before 5pm AWST on Wednesday 21 February 2018
- Provide your participant with up to 250 words on what you would like to achieve as a sponsor and your commitment to the program in 2018. Your participant will be required to include this on the nomination form along with what they would like to achieve as a participant and their commitment (up to 250 words).
- Attend the launch event in March and wrap event in November together with your participant. The dates of the launch events can be found here.
- Invite and host your participant at a minimum of two Property Council events during the year (sponsor to cover cost of participant registration). As the sponsor you should prepare the participant for the event and provide them with networking guidance at the event
- Help your participant to identify their preferred committee to observe during the year
- Meet with participant at least twice during the year to discuss professional development & career opportunities
- Provide regular updates to Property Council Diversity Committee on interactions with your participant and progress of program
- Advocate for and promote the career advancement of the participant
Download the 2018 500 Women in Property Sponsor Guide