QUEENSLAND RESTRICTIONS EASE
The Queensland Government has announced that Queensland’s current COVID restrictions will ease at 6am Thursday 15 April.
The relaxed restrictions mean:
- Current social distancing requirements for indoor venues will return to one person per 2 square metres. This includes workplaces, restaurants, cafes, pubs, and convention centres.
- Masks will no longer be mandatory indoors
- Standing will be allowed at pubs and clubs
- Visitors will be allowed at aged care homes and hospitals
- Dancing will be permitted in indoor venues
- No restrictions on gatherings outdoors and at ticketed venues
People are still encouraged to wear masks if they cannot socially distance.
This is welcome news for the industry as the Property Council embarks on joint city centre activation campaign with Brisbane City Council, which seeks to increase patronage across Brisbane’s CBD retail and office precincts.
To find out more about the easing of restrictions, please visit the Queensland Government’s website.