QUEENSLAND GOVERNMENT CONSTRUCTION STIMULUS
Last week, the Queensland Government announced a $267 million building stimulus package to support construction jobs as Queensland rebuilds from COVID-19.
The package is part of the Government’s Unite and Recover for Queensland Jobs plan.
The package includes:
- $100M housing construction – Works for Tradies – to boost housing supply, drive economic activity and support construction across Queensland.
- $50M SEQ community stimulus program – further funding to local government to support minor works and projects that create local jobs in impacted areas in South East Queensland.
- $106M first home owner grants and regional home building boost – to re-affirm our commitment to the $15,000 first home-owner grants program for any Queensland first home buyers purchasing a new home valued at less than $750,000; and provide an additional $5,000 grant for buyers of a new home (with the home being owner occupied and valued up to $750,000) in a regional location.
- $10M seniors and accessibility assistance – to continue providing services for seniors and people with disabilities to conduct critical home maintenance.
- $1.175M regional training infrastructure – to upgrade existing TAFE training campuses.
To view the full detail of the stimulus, please click here.