Expressions of Interest: Mackay Waterfront PDA
Mackay Regional Council have invited Expressions of Interest for six council owned sites in the Mackay Waterfront Priority Development Area.
The EOI process is designed to assess the catalytic potential of developing this area and to gauge private sector appetite.
The Mackay Waterfront PDA offers a unique opportunity for new investment, development and business. The Council is committed to growing the Mackay waterfront by providing development incentives within the PDA and is currently preparing public realm upgrades within close proximity to the site.
The six properties which are part of the EOI process include:
- About 5800 square metres on the corner of Gregory and River streets (currently a car park).
- About 2052 square metres at 14-18 Wood Street (former Retravision building)
- About 1470 square metres at 1-15 Wood Street (former Pioneer Shire Council building and surrounding vacant land and access ways
- About 4300 square metres on corner of Brisbane and River streets (currently a car park).
- About 2065 square metres at 8 River Street (currently a building with lessees)
- About 4273 square metres at 6 River Street (currently a vacant building)
Potential uses of the sites may include:
- Commercial activities providing opportunities for business, administration and professional service providers
- Accommodation activities offering a diverse range of short and long-term residential offerings
- Food and drink activities (restaurant), craft brewery, distillery, function centre or major entertainment activities overlooking the Pioneer River
- Health care and community support services
- Mixed use tourist development or unique regional attraction supporting both land and water-based tourism opportunities
- Any combination of the above.
Following the EOI process, Mackay Regional Council may request detailed proposals from proponents including design proposals, detailed timeframes and staging proposals, and financial projections.
To find out more information, please click here.