Brisbane City Council Major Amendment Package
Brisbane City Council has asked for industry feedback on proposed major amendments to the Brisbane City Plan 2014 (City Plan).
Proposed amendments include: Heritage Place and City Views, and Major Amendment Package E, which incudes a range of citywide provisions.
The heritage amendment aims to maintain and protect more of Brisbane’s local heritage places and buildings, constructed prior to 1911.
Amendment Package E includes changes to:
- car share
- industry provisions
- major transport infrastructure – Council controlled road tunnels
- multiple dwellings
- significant landscape trees
- Special Entertainment Area
- the Emerging Community zone
- transport air quality corridors
- waterway corridors
- mapping – including zoning and overlays.
A factsheet on Amendment Package E is available here.
Full details of both proposed amendment packages are available on Brisbane City Council’s website.
Submissions close at 5pm on 12 April 2019.