Illawarra Outlook Event
We hosted our annual Illawarra Outlook Event on Friday 1 March, with thanks to our ongoing sponsors MMJ Real Estate who helped us to put on a fantastic event for over 180 people.
The event featured a keynote from Tim Blythe, Managing Partner at Urbis and also a panel session including Philip Davies, Chair SMART Advisory Council and Australian Logistics Council; Anna Chubb, Strategy Director at Hunter and Central Coast Development Corporation; and Gary White, Chief Planner at the NSW Department of Planning and Environment.
Some key themes from the event included:
- A stronger governance model and framework for the Illawarra Shoalhaven region.
- Transport connectivity to Sydney and the future Western Sydney Airport from the Illawarra.
- The important of the port of Port Kembla to the region and the movement of freight.
- Learnings from the Hunter and the revitalisation of the Newcastle CBD.
- The importance of our story as a region and building a narrative around what we want/need for future growth.
- The need for a revision of our Illawarra Shoalhaven Plan to ensure that we are including current needs and opportunities for future growth especially in relation to connectivity.
Thanks again to all that were involved in the event, and of course MMJ Real Estate who have always been a huge supporter of the Property Council in this region!
Read more here.
See the Win News Tv Story here.