Pacific Fair Crowned 2021 Retail Property of the Year
Pacific Fair has been awarded the title of 2021 Queensland Retail Property of the Year, the state’s most prestigious retail property title. This retail asset also took home accolades for ‘Excellence in Marketing’, ‘Excellence in Centre Management’ and ‘Retail Innovation’ at this evening’s awards ceremony.
The Property Council of Australia’s Queensland Retail Property of the Year Awards acknowledges the best in retail properties and precincts across the state. The award categories reward excellence in relation to design, marketing, centre management and innovation.
The winners were announced at the annual Retail Awards Gala Dinner held at the Royal International Convention Centre on Friday 8 October 2021. A signature annual event in the property industry’s calendar for over fifteen years, it was put on hold in 2020 due to the pandemic.
Property Council Queensland Executive Director, Jen Williams, said this event is a timely reminder of the critical role that the retail sector plays across Queensland, as the centre of local communities and a significant contributor to the wider Queensland economy.
“More often than not retail assets become part of the fabric that weaves together a community, with shopping hubs being the epicentre of connection, as well as uplifting the amenity of local areas,” Ms Williams said.
“These awards highlight not only the efforts undertaken by our talented retail professionals to improve convenience for customers and retailers, but they also acknowledge the sector’s innovation and ability to meet ever changing market conditions.
“A big congratulations must be extended to Pacific Fair, with the Gold Coast retail asset taking home multiple gongs for extraordinary efforts in research-led marketing and its energy and waste management initiatives. A market leader, being the first centre of its kind to receive a 5-star NABERS accreditation, cementing its commitment to reducing emissions and increasing energy efficiency. This is the second time Pacific Fair has been awarded this prestigious title, first taking home the accolade in 2016.
“With lockdowns and restrictions hitting food retailers hardest, the Property Council decided to recognise and celebrate their rapid adaptation in responding to the ever-changing goal posts of COVID-19 restrictions, through the introduction of a special one-off award for Outstanding Response to Extraordinary Circumstances (Food Retailing).
“This award was taken home by Wintergarden, recognized for its ‘Foodie Dollars’ initiative, a campaign that incentivized consumers to offset the impact of the pandemic through discount vouchers, resulting in increased activity within the food court and an overall uplift in foot traffic, sales and restoring much-needed vitality.
“In acknowledging the success of all the night’s winners, we would particularly like to recognise Victoria Reboton from Vicinity Centres for taking home the Emerging Professional of the Year Award, awarded to up and coming talent in the retail property sector. Victoria has been with Vicinity Centres since 2019. She most recently led the successful ‘DFO Domestic Tourism Strategy’ project, encouraging local customers to visit retailers in the centre, in the absence of international tourists who traditionally visit DFO, due to its close proximity to airports.
“The Property Council would like to congratulate all the finalists and winners of the 2021 Retail Property of the Year Awards. All those nominated have shown outstanding achievements and contribute to the success of the Queensland retail sector, particularly as they continue to navigate the ever-changing landscape presented by COVID-19.”
Full List of Winners:
- Winner 2021 Queensland Retail Property of the Year Pacific Fair
- Runner Up 2021 Queensland Retail Property of the Year Maroochydore Homemaker Centre
- Winner Retail Innovation Award Pacific Fair
- Winner Outstanding Response to Extraordinary Circumstances (Food Retailing) Wintergarden
- Winner Emerging Professional of the Year Victoria Reboton
- Winner Excellence in Centre Management< 12,000 sqm Chatswood Shopping Centre
- Winner Excellence in Centre Management 12 - 35,000 sqm Maroochydore Homemaker Centre
- Winner Excellence in Centre Management> 35,000 sqm Pacific Fair
- Winner Excellence in Marketing < 12,000 sqm South Bank
- Winner Excellence in Marketing 12 - 35,000 sqm Wintergarden
- Winner Excellence in Marketing> 35,000 sqm Pacific Fair
- Judges Commendation Excellence in Marketing> 35,000 sqm Queen's Plaza
- Winner Excellence in Marketing Community Bracken Ridge Plaza & Mango Hill Marketplace
- Winner Excellence in Development > 35,000 sqm Hyperdome
- Winner Excellence in Development > 12,000 sqm Fish Lane Town Square
Media contact: Jen Williams | M 0448 432 936 | E [email protected]