This two-day course overviews the investment characteristics, drivers of performance, valuation considerations and capital sources for the property market.
The aim of this course is to learn about property as an asset class in the context of capital markets.
By the end of the course you should have a good understanding of the characteristics of property investment and the drivers of performance.
You will learn how to assess the characteristics of property compared to other assets; examine the drivers of property performance; consider risk and return; compare and contrast the features of public and private funding and understand the principles of valuation.
- Introduction to capital markets
- Property as an asset class
- How the economic cycle affects property
- Public equity - the role of AREITs
- Unlisted capital - the role of funds
- Sources of debt financing
- Infrastructure and property
- Valuation of direct property
- Property from an investor's perspective
- Current issues and future trends
WHO SHOULD ATTEND
- Property, research, investment and fund analysis
- Property development professionals
- Banking and finance professionals
- Asset managers and portfolio managers
- Assistant fund managers
- Project managers