This one-day course covers health and safety standards AS/NZS 4801 and OHSAS 18001 and provides an understanding of the various clauses within these standards so you can effectively apply them within your village.
This course can be undertaken as a stand-alone program or as an elective towards the Village Management Industry Diploma.
In a retirement village community, taking care of resident well-being is your top priority. Your organisation cannot afford to ignore its occupational health and safety obligations; and implicit in the successful management of Occupational Health & Safety (OH&S) is the development of an effective management system. Retirement villages must comply with the latest legislation and maintain a safe working environment beneficial to both residents and staff.
Our trainers will explain each of the clauses within health and safety standards AS/NZS 4801 and OHSAS 18001 in detail as well as conveying th importance of a robust workplace health and safety system within your retirement village.
This course will help you understand the benefits of a best-practice OH&S system including improved safety and protection for both residents and staff, increased productivity, improved trust fom residents and employees, a reduction in liability and a limitation of both costs and productivity downtime.
- Understand the background and implications of health and safety management systems within a retirement village
- How to devise an effective OH&S policy
- Overview of OHSAS 18001 and AS/NZS 4801 and integration with other management system standards
- Understanding key OH&S legislation and regulations
- Clarifying the various clauses of OHSAS 18001 and AS/NZS 4801
- Establish the requirements of certification and how to implement these.
WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
- Village managers looking to improve their workplace health & safety systems
- Anyone involved in the health and safety management of a retirement community
This course has been developed and is delivered by: