This course is structured to provide a better understanding of basic finance and accounting principles. Learn how to understand financial reports, recognise the impact of financial strategies and communicate effectively with finance professionals.
This course is not about how to do accounting; it is about understanding financial information and how operating decisions impact on value. By the end of this course you will have the ability to use financial reporting as a communication tool.
- Understand the main accounting terms
- Recognise the difference between cash and accrual accounting in a property context
- Understand profit & loss statements
- Calculate the key financial ratios and understand the results
- Apply strategies to improve cash flow and drive performance
WHO SHOULD ATTEND
The course is relevant for all non-finance property professionals who would benefit from a general understanding of the workings of finance. In particular:
- Property managers, development, leasing and retail professionals, graduates and operational roles such as HR, risk, compliance and legal.
This program is delivered by Craig Gowan, a management consultant and facilitator who specialises in Management education. Craig is passionate about helping people develop and grow as managers and leaders and seeing the positive effects this has on them, their team and their organisation. He has developed this training specifically for those who find that their role requires a working knowledge of financial management.