This one-day course provides an overview of the aged care system, the Australian regulatory framework, current trends, funding and the future of aged care in the retirement living sector.
The course can be undertaken as a stand-alone program or as an elective towards the Village Management Industry Diploma.
To ensure retirement living professionals have the capability to manage villages for the future needs of senior and elderly Australians.
- Understand the reform drivers and impact on the sector
- Knowledge of aged care and community services access pathways and service opportunities, and the interface with retirement living
- Able to support residents to access health and wellness through appropriate connections
- Understand needs and issues which might present for residents and how to discuss them
- Demonstrate problem solving through case studies asking how the village manager might interact with residents
- Discuss some of the innovative service solutions which will become available in the future
- Understand the impact of influences and other stakeholders on residents' support
- Reform drivers, policy directions and current expectations
- Supporting residents' needs with creative service solutions
- Case study workshop
- Retirement living business impacts
WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
- Village managers and operations staff
- Owner operators
The course has been developed by: